Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back home

I'm so glad I didn't go to the vet alone... FiFi kept trying to stand up in the car while recovering... it was now 10:30pm... silly girl wanted to know where we were... once home I had to put a cone on her for the night, remembering how she licked the holter electrodes off around 5 am when we did the holter test (we only got 13 hours) ... no chance this time to cause trouble! She stood like this for 15 minutes before I could coax her to lie down. Where did my beautiful show dog go, look at that top line, LOL .... did I bring home the wrong dog? I slept on the floor on a mattress, but we both didn't get rest until 4am after she had some homemade chicken broth and realized that she could lie on her side up against me and be comfortable. We slept till 8:30am.



So for the week-end she's being kept very very quiet in the kitchen/dog area. No jumping, running, whatever. When one of the 5 of us can hang with her she has the cone off, but otherwise it's ON, which she absolutely hates. When we take it off she's SO happy, and ready to chase critters in the yard, obviously feeling great!!!



So far so good. Other than hurt self esteem she's good.. no bleeding or oozing. I am wondering if the cone is too big though.. but the smaller one was too small the vet said.... More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment